State Educational Assistance Program
The Mississippi National Guard State Educational Assistance Program (SEAP) is an education incentive for eligible members of the Mississippi National Guard for education assistance at Mississippi supported/accredited colleges at the junior and senior levels. SEAP may only be used towards the first undergraduate degree or technical certificate. Funds may be combined with FTA, GI Bill (excluding Ch. 33), grants, scholarships, or any other funding received by the student. There is a 10 Year window from the first payment made until expiration of SEAP eligibility. **SEAP funding is allocated through the State Legislative process. All funds and amounts are subject to availability**
All deadlines must be met in order to qualify for the SEAP benefit during that semester.
- Deadlines are as follows:
- AUGUST 1 for Fall Semester
- JANUARY 1 for Spring Semester
- NLT 10 days prior to Summer Semester start date.
- If the deadline is not met, the SM must submit in writing for an exception through the Education office.
SEAP Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a Basic Training or Basic Camp (ROTC) Graduate
- Must be a registered voter in the State of Mississippi.
- Actively serving in good standing at the time of application and during the entire semester/quarter for which benefits are received
- Taking undergraduate level courses at a Mississippi university or institution.
- Must maintain a 2.0 SEMESTER GPA average.
- Inform school of intention to utilize SEAP.
What Does SEAP Pay?
Items Required for SEAP Submission
Method of Submission
Submit all documents to Education Office NLT: 1 January for Spring, 1 August for Fall • Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
• Fax Number: 601-313-6151
• For more information call 601-313-6300 or 601-313-6442